Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Pigs in Trees

Another five hour hike along the Likeke Trail via the Old Pali Highway. This road is no longer in use and winds along the mountain to hook up with a trail that leads under the currently used Pali Highway. You have to hike under the highway then along a small ridge to a waterfall.



This waterfall is so far the best one I have seen on the island so far. I took my friend Christina and it took us three hours to get to the end. Along the way we ran into three dead baby pigs hanging in the trees. Not sure why they were hanging there but my final solution since I couldn't find anything on the internet about it is that these pigs were attempting to fly and failed. It took us another two hours to get back to the truck and by that time we were tired, sore, and spent. Good hike though. I may have to do it again with some more friends.


In other issues, I have discovered that while Hawaiians, at least the construction workers, are some of the laziest people I have ever seen they like to start work insanely early in the morning. Sometimes it has been before six am and today was eight. I had to look up the quiet hours and sadly they run from 10pm-8am so there was nothing I could do about it today. Also I am really freaking close to throwing a brick through the windshield of my neighbor's white acura outside my window. Anytime anything with a deep muffler or lack thereof zips past our house her alarm goes off. I swear I'll give that car a reason to go off. 

No comments:

Post a Comment