Friday, January 7, 2011

Hiking

I didn't use to like hiking but ever since Moab last April I really have developed a passion for it. Since I've been in Hawaii, I have tried to hike once a week at least and the hikes here are some of the most beautiful I have ever done. Inland hikes are often damp being in the middle of the jungle and the air has a heavy earth scent after it rains. Hikes on the outer banks are often rocky and right on the ocean. None of them are boring. I particularly like the hikes that have waterfalls but apparently for the best waterfall hikes I am on the wrong island. I am posting a couple pics below of the hike I did on Wednesday to Manoa Falls.



Today I am headed to the beach. I haven't had a full beach day in some time and am looking forward to just spending hours in the sand with the sun kissing my skin. I need to up my tan factor anyway. The first pic is also from Wednesday and the people in it are stand-up paddling. It's a fantastic way to work your abs while hanging out in the water too. It's on my list of things to accomplish this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment