Thursday, May 24, 2012

Hiking and Biking

I almost kicked my own ass today on the bike, getting in 25.5 miles going from Basalt to Aspen and then back to my house. Most of that is uphill and man it's a kicker. I am super happy with the way biking is getting my body back into shape though. Pretty soon, I'll be in bikinis every day. I have also been keeping up with the hiking. Ashley and I did a tough one, Arbaney-Kittle in Basalt that is immediately uphill and uphill the whole way. Not much of a break on this one. The view at the top was worth it though. It always is.
Top of Arbaney Kittle looking out at Mt. Sopris.
I am seriously hoping to get to all the hikes we listed and then a couple more. I discovered one hike near a lake up here that requires ropes to climb up, so now I'm DYING to go check that one out. Maybe even next week if I can find someone to go with me. For now, here is one of my new favorite photo's that was actually taken at work. I do have a rough life.


No comments:

Post a Comment