Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Oahu's Waterfalls

Currently I am on a quest to find and explore all of Oahu's waterfalls. I think I have done four so far, although it seems like I have done more since a few of them I have hit up more than once. Manoa Falls, Likeke Falls, Waimano Falls, and Maunawili Falls are now all under my belt. I plan on checking out Kahena Falls (these were featured in the movie Rundown, the jeep hurtles over them) tomorrow with my Russian friend Kristina. I did Maunawili Falls today and since it has been raining like crazy in the mountians and was raining while we were hiking, the falls were huge. Kristina had hiked them before and said there was only one fall and it had been a trickle. The water was pretty muddy but I was undeterred and braved it anyway. Hopefully I do not catch the dreaded bacteria leptrospirosis which seems to like to hang out in lots of the waters around here. If I do catch it, I guess I will be getting fevers and severe headaches in the next few weeks. We shall see.
Sacred Falls are techically closed but as you can imagine this wont stop me. I'd like to hit these up next week if I don't go to the Big Island like I am hoping. The only other ones I know about are at Waimaea Bay. Hopefully I can find some more after that.

No comments:

Post a Comment