Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Footy Game!!!!

Australian football is much easier to understand than American football. I've been watching American football for years and I still don't understand most of the rules. One footy game and I was hooked and able to follow the action. My friend Geoff was kind enough to show Marie and I to an amazing game between two rival teams from the city. It's the first time I've been to a game where half the stadium is for one team and the other half for the other. Very exciting and fun to watch. Geoff is part of the members club at the stadium so we were treated to a delicious meal ( both Marie and I agreed the steak was superb and we could have eaten another one each) and the drinks flowed constantly.
Melbourne Cricket Ground

AFL players, contrary to NFL players, aren't allowed to drink during the football season and also have curfews. They also don't use padding but are only allowed to tackle between the hips and the neck. I also have a new crush, in my opinion he's the best on the Hawks team, and number 23 and I will be married in approximately two years. I am a new fan though and expect to see more games in the future.
Today I checked out the St. Kilda area beach and the Docklands. It's been pretty cold and windy here and there was a storm rolling in, so no swimming right now, but I love the smell of the ocean and being by the water. First time seeing the Indian Ocean as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment